We’re Taking Action
St. Augustine School is working hard to ensure we are prepared for the reopening of schools in the state of New Jersey. Our top priority is the health and safety of our families. Below are some of the preparations and plans for the opening of our school.
Current Status: 🟢 Open for Online classes starting September.
Current Status School Reopening: 🟡 (please see details below)
- Hand Sanitizing Dispensers (Intended for each classroom)
- Plexiglass Dividers (Intended for Administration Offices)
- Uniform Mask (Aimed for purchase)
- Nightly Cleaning and sanitizing
Execution Plan to Reopen:
At the end of June, Phil Murphy and the state of New Jersey have shared with St. Augustine School and the Archdiocese of Newark a plan for the reopening of schools. School administrators have already been preparing and planning for this possibility. On August 1st, 2020 we will be announcing our plan for the school year starting in September.
It goes without saying that our students and faculty are our top priorty. Our administrators have a few different plans and full details will be released on August 1st. Below are some scenarios:
- Open for September with social distancing and requiring PPE (indoors and outdoors) in culmination with plans for our students to be at the school for most and if not a majority of the day.
- A hybrid plan with at home online schooling and in-person daily learning.
- Our back up plan is to strictly have online classes until The State of New Jersey further opens up passageways to have our school start the transition steps of opening up with our hybrid plan leading to open with social distancing.
Our administrators are implementing a “Pandemic Response Team” as per The State of New Jersey’s guidelines in conjunction with the planning of St. Augustine School. St. Augustine wants to reassure everyone from our community that they are our top priority.
Thank you for your support and we will be announcing the detailed plan on August 1, 2020.